Energy Assistance Available

LIHEAP assistance money available

If you need financial assistance to pay your electric bill, you may be eligible to participate in the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) from the State of Illinois. Applicants must contact Western Illinois Regional Council or Two Rivers Regional Council for an appointment. Applicants will need to bring with them proof of income for the last 30 days, their most recent electric bill and Social Security cards for all in the household.  Assistance is based on combined household income.

For more details, contact the following:


Members in Hancock, Henderson and McDonough Counties:

Western Illinois Regional Council
223 S. Randolph
Macomb IL  61455
(309) 837- 2997


Members in Adams County:

Two Rivers Regional Council
1891 Maine St.  Suite 4
Quincy, IL  62301
(217) 224-8171