To receive service from WIEC, you should call our office during normal business hours (8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. weekdays). We require all new members to sign an application for membership and pay a $5.00 membership fee. This is a lifetime, nonrefundable membership and will be good at any location WIEC serves. We also require a deposit to be paid before service may be begin. The deposit is based on the applicant’s utility credit history and can vary from $100 to $400. That deposit will be refunded as a credit on your monthly electric bill after 12 consecutive months of timely payments.
WIEC offers many options for bill payment:
- We have a local office that’s open from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. We invite members to come in and say hello when paying their bill.
- For after-hours payments, there is a convenient drive thru box in our circle drive. (For after-hours cash payments, we ask that they be placed in the drop box on the front of our building.)
- Members can pay their bills with a credit card either via phone or online through this website.
- We also offer a free automatic bill pay program that allows members one-time setup with no ongoing monthly checks to write or sites to log onto.
- Members can also mail their bills to PO Box 338, Carthage, IL 62321-1035
If payment is not received by the original due date (typically the 25th of the month) a 5% penalty is added and a delinquent notice is sent. A second due date around the 10th of the following month is given. (Example – a bill is due January 25th, the delinquent would be due February 10th.) Non-payment of the delinquent notice may result in disconnection of service. If members are having trouble paying their bills, assistance is available.