2024 Official Rules
Proudly Sponsored By:
Western Illinois Electric Cooperative
The applicant must be a son or daughter of a WIEC member or whose guardian is a WIEC member and who is currently receiving service from WIEC at the time the application is submitted and also at the time of the trip.
- Previous winners of the Youth to Washington/Youth Day trip are not eligible to re-enter the contest.
- Applicant must be a high school sophomore, junior or senior at the time the application is submitted.
(Note: High school seniors would not be able to run for the Youth Leadership Council position, as they would not be able to fulfill the required commitment of that office. )
- The trip will be awarded to the student based on their application.. All applicants should participate in the trip to Springfield to be considered to go to Washington D.C.
- All photographs taken and portions of the winning quiz become the property of WIEC for use in the WIEC News and in any promotional material.
- Six finalists will be awarded a trip on March 20, 2024 to Youth Day in Springfield, IL and will be notified by March 1, 2024. This trip includes transportation from Carthage to Springfield and meals. A chaperone will be provided.
- * Youth to Washington trip will be June 14-21, 2024 and the winner will be announced in April. This trip includes transportation from Springfield, IL to Washington, D.C., lodging in Washington and meals.
The student will be responsible for incidentals, clothing, personal phone calls, snacks and transportation to and from Springfield.
- Applications are due at the WIEC office by February 16, 2024. They may be dropped off at the office during office hours or mailed to: Western Illinois Electrical Coop.
Attn: Karmen Metternich
524 N. Madison St. PO Box 338
Carthage, IL 62321
* For more information, contact Karmen Metternich at WIEC.
Phone 800-576-3125 /217-357-3125 firstname.lastname@example.org